News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

"Bitchin Rides" Promo

Started by lalessi1, 2016-03-19 19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Watching "Bitchin Rides" promo for their upcoming season on Velocity...they have a '57 Fairlane convertible in the shop for a project for the first time.
Lynn

Wirenut

Glad to hear. It's about time somebody does one. I have hoped for years that Chip Foose would do one on Overhaul but none yet. I actually wanted Foose to do one while I was building mine so I could get some ideas from him. Kindig should do a nice job with special touches too.

Lou

You should see and drive some of these guys cars in person.

57 imposter

good? bad? I know a car done on Overhauling does not go home with the owner but goes to another shop to be re checked completly. I have very limited exposure to kindig designs but I think he builds first rate stuff

Lou

All I will add to this is Foose's cars look good, guy has a good eye for design. What a lot of people don't know is Foose goes restoration work and from the cars I've seen he puts out a first class correct restoration. The customs look good but don't drive as good as they look.

lalessi1

A lot of modern custom cars have all the "bells and whistles", but they are not in my my mind completely integrated vehicles.

Lynn

junior58

We have just had a show start down here called "Kindig Customs". Is that the same show that you refer to as "Bitchin' Rides"?. We have recently had a new TV channel start called "Discovery Turbo" which I gather is known elsewhere as "Velocity". I'm thinking we are starting a few seasons earlier on some shows and playing catch up (Fast n Loud have only just moved into their new big building, which I believe may have actually been some time ago). Cool shows though.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

lalessi1

Kindig is the "Bitchin Rides" guy.
Lynn

junior58

Thought it may have been. Whenever he's talking and goes to name the show, they bleep out the "bitchin" part, and sometimes there is a blurry bit on screen which I guess is blanking out the name. Good show though, looking forward to seeing the one you refer to with the 57 Fairlane.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

jumping jack flash

I'd turn the wrenches over to Foose or Kendig any day , on my own car. No one at Gas Monkey except Kaufman has earned that check mark He's what holds that show together, except lots of money from Discovery. What I mean is He is the only talent in the shop.It's all drama ,anyway.

Zapato

Kendig was at the Portland Foerster show this year.Line to talk with him probably had  at least an hour wait time. He didn't appear to be rushing anyone off. Seemed honestly happy to be there and getting the attention he and his company was receiving.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72