News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint code help

Started by jvo, 2016-06-03 21:34

Previous topic - Next topic

jvo

Does anyone have an idea on how I can get the original paint codes for Inca Gold and Silver Mocha?  My Fairlane donor car for my Ranchero build is that colour and it has really grown on me.  I am leaning heavily towards that for the finished colour, Silver Mocha for the bottom, and Inca Gold for the top.
I want to get as close to original colour as possible.
Now, I went to a local place that I deal at, and they have an original Dupont paint code sheet for 57 Fords, but pretty much none of the colours listed match what I see on the 57Ford.com site. They all have different names.  I wonder if the colours were called different names in Canada, because there is no Inca Gold or Silver Mocha on their Dupont sheet.  I can't read the numbers on the 57Ford site either, even when I blow them up a little in size, too fuzzy.  Maybe I'm going blind in my old age.
Looking for ideas on how to get the best match.  I don't have any small parts that I can take in to the body shop supply so they can scan it, but maybe I'll have to take a complete door there, if I can shine it up a little.   I don't have any silver mocha parts that aren't really faded either, so I can't scan them.
Anybody got any paint numbers that might work? 
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

lalessi1

I went to a Sherwin Williams automotive paint store yesterday, they looked up Colonial White and it was in their system. They will mix very small amounts. Never used their stuff though, I bought 1500 grit sandpaper. I have seen original paint code sheets for sale on eBay as well....
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

i have a canadian R-M [rinshed-mason]paint chip page for 1957 fords.it shows a inca gold ford code y, r-m number 719.and silver mocha iridescent ford code k,r-m number 714.these colors do not show up on the factory information i have,so maybe a mid year/special order color?

jvo

Thanks for the info. I have only tried one auto body supplier so far.  Will try to find who sells RM paint here locally.  Perhaps one of the other suppliers will have the info on their sheets.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

jvo

I just found what I was looking for.  Simply googled it, and I could read for a week.  I now have lots of numbers to take to the paint store.

lowrider

How did we ever get information before Google.