News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

air cleaners

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2008-05-01 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

3 or 4 times i have bid on a air cleaner on ebay,   & gave up after 50 bucks,  1 went for 100 & something yesterday,  what makes them so costly?

shopratwoody

I'd think someone on here would have one laying around. Can't see why they'd be
too expensive either.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

wolfpupsdad

i've been doing the e-pay thing for a couple of years now , for my WW-1 and WW-2 coolections , my motorcycles and cars. doesn't matter what your bidding on , seems the prices are run up through the roof on this stuff. lately i've been watching FE tri power set up , incomplete and carbs needing rebuilt , that means there only worth a max of $100.00 a piece f they are rebuildable, these set ups are going for $1400.00 - 1700.00 and up. you can get a complete set up with NEW carbs , ready to bolt on and go for $2400.00. so , go figure.

JimNolan

gerry,
   What kind of air cleaner you looking for. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

geraldchainsaw

hi Jim,   just a stock 4 barr air cleaner for a 57 ford,    Jerry

JimNolan

Jerry,
    Have I got a deal for you. Aren't you in Detroit. Well, If you drive your car down to Warsaw so I can see it I'll give you an a stock 4 barrel air cleaner. Otherwise, I'll take 50 bucks for it and you pay shipping. Now, for around 75 bucks you could spend it on gas and I'll buy you dinner and give you an air cleaner or you can have it shipped to you.
    The air cleaner was painted ( nice paint job ) red and has a small ding in the back that would not be noticeable once installed, ( or you can take the ding out ) no rust either. It's a nice air cleaner.
    I lucked up on Ebay when I got it. I bid 5 bucks on it and no one else bid on it. I guess the red paint scared the other bidders off. I ended up paying 35 bucks to buy and have it shipped to me. I'll never go to a Y block cause I'm getting 23 mile a gallon on a trip and my car squeels the tires in 4th gear. Ain't giving that up. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.