News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Good Old Boys

Started by 4banger, 2008-06-09 08:39

Previous topic - Next topic

4banger

After talking about are good problems and are bad problems on this forum , I feel like I know you guys on a personal level , and that we hung out together one time or another. To bad that we will never meet , or hang out. But this forum brings out the best in all you guys. Good people are hard to find these days.

wolfpupsdad

godd people aren't hard to find ,ya just have to know where to find em ,. we here all have a common bond , the love of our 57 fords and hot rodding. i personally belong to a couple of motorcycle forums also. same thing applies there to . the love of motorcycles and that life style. people that have no interest in either don't understand it and ya can't explain it to em , they , as we , have to live it , taste it , and sleep with it. bikers help out other bikers just as hotrodders help out other hot rodders.
now what i'm about to say is just my opinion and just my opinion. don't confuss hotrodders with barret jackson type folks , thats a whole different breed of folks. they got money to burn and have driven the market out of site for the most of us, but we survive. they're in it for the money and not as much for the love of it like we are. don't get me wrong , they like they're cars, for investment protenial. or they wouldn't be spendingthe money they do. just like the folks that play the stock market.but it , hold on to it , and sell it for a profit.
i'd bet most of us on here even in our older age , i'm 58 next month , have a drawer full of t-shirts that have oil stains on em , and our hands are scared up from busted knuckles. burns( damn that was hot) scars, from hot exhausts.
most of us started off as kids , back in the 50's and 60's playin and hangin around the nieghborhood hot rodders. my first car was a 1940 merc coupe at age 14. i worked mowing lawns and ( anyone remember them glass filament bowls that the ole fuel pumps had) i was paid 1 penny a piece to wash and clean those damn thing in my basement in my mothers wash tubs. that was the business my dad was in , auto parts rebuilding and thats what i did for a total of 30 yearsfuel pumps , water pumps , clutchs , brakes and drivelines.
this is getting to be a long read here , but my pint is simple, we aint special or hard to find , just gotta know where to look. if ya saw me out in the world ya might think i was a total ass hole if ya meet me in person for the first time. but thats just my personality. my dog loves me tho. i'm glad i found you guys and glad you found us.
bill

JPotter57

Couldnt have said it better myself, Bill...
Where you from, 4banger?  If you're ever in the Gulf Coast area, give me a yell, I'll show you the sites, or whats left of them anyway.... :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

Bill
   That also sounds like me a total a** hole. Thay tell me at work that I am just a big old cuddly bear. But all 9 of my grandchildren love me and I ain't got a dog. Had one but that is another story.
   Any one going to the car show this Fri-Sat-Sun in Gettysburg Pa??? I'll be working the car gate most of the weekend. Stop by and say Hi.

TOM  :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

wolfpupsdad

hey madman , and anyone else, if ya'll ever get to the north georgia mountains look me up , and i'll show ya the sites up here , take me all of about 15 minutes, lol. thats what ya get for comin to a town of 1600 people, lol. and no we don't make shine up here anymore, lol

4banger

Well J Potter 57, I live 50 mi. north west of Pittsbugh, Pa. A small town of about 23,000 head bangers , called New Castle , Pa.

wv 57s forever

hey 4 banger are you going to Columbus this fall. i live in WV about 2.5 hours from Pittsburgh.