News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

learn something new every day

Started by hiball3985, 2017-02-11 07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

L-N was the maker.
A pic is in the MPC ILL page 360-361.
50-60-100 Amp versions.
The finned part is indeed a rectifier/heatsink.

Ron.

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2017-02-12 17:13
Jim
    My memory is a bit foggy, but I remember that they looked like a generator.

I clearly remember that the 6 volt ones were huge compared to a normal 6 volt generator.

The 12 volt ones were larger in appearance also as I recall. 

They had steel cases and didn't look anything like a modern aluminum alternator.

I also remember that they had a big electric harness going into the rectifier.   Jay

Thanks Jay,
You are only the person I know who has actually seen one or remembers.

Are you getting any snowflakes  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-02-13 08:23
Thanks Jay,
You are only the person I know who has actually seen one or remembers.

Are you getting any snowflakes  :003:

That's because my brother always bought State Police cars.  In those days, they changed them every year, so they were barely 1 year old.

Earlier, the weather liars said the we are getting another Northeast blizzard tonight.  Now they are saying that it will be clear.  So I don't know what to expect.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2017-02-13 21:31
      Earlier, the weather liars said the we are getting another Northeast blizzard tonight.  Now they are saying that it will be clear.  So I don't know what to expect.

Only job in the world where you can be wrong 50% of the time and keep it......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Nah......baseball players!! If they fail only 70% of the time, they're in the upper eshaleon..lol, (I know I spelled that one wrong)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

It's a good thing that the weather liars were wrong today because we had a warm day in the 30's and
some of the snow melted.   I was able to get one car out onto the snow which allowed me to get the 57 against the open doors with hoses on the exhaust pipes so I could monitor a few things that I did to the engine.   This is something that I have been  wanting to do for weeks , but couldn't because of bad weather and deep snow.   Around here we can't do much with the cars outside when there is snow on the ground.   Everything has to be planned around the snowstorms.
     Jim....  See what you are missing ?
     Rich ...You are lucky that you escaped this nasty Mass. weather and moved away.
     Jeff.... Jeff I really wish that you would keep your snow up there where it belongs.  We don't want it.
    That's the first time in the 48 years I've owned it that the red car has been in the snow.   It will not hurt it because there is no salt and chemicals in my yard.

RICH MUISE

Look on the bright side...with all that snow on the ground you don't have dust blowing around. Even with my car garaged, I still have to dust it off every few days.

Ecode70D

Rich
    "There ain't no bright side to all of the snow that we are getting."   All I can do is sit for about 9 months of winter  and dream about the short 3-4   months of cruising time.   The only thing that the winter is good for is keeping the mileage low on the old cars.  HAHA
Jay

hiball3985

Jay, I was driving around in the 57 yesterday in 74 degrees weather thinking about all the fun I'm missing  :003: At the lunch meet with the other local car guys we met up with an old friend who was here visiting and headed back home to Maine were is wife has been snowed in alone for days. We still can't understand why he moved from Calif to Maine about ten years ago, but he loves it..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    I can't understand why they made that move also.   Maine is beautiful in the summer.  the problem is that their winters start 1 month earlier before here in Mass.

You aren't the only one that took his car out yesterday.   Look at that picture I posted.  I took that old red car out at least 20' and the temp was above freezing.  The 57 wanted to come out also, but that didn't happen.  Jay 

RICH MUISE

Probably the same reason I moved out of SoCal to Colorado in '83......too many people. Colorado Springs was perfect. Big enough to support my new retail art venture, but a short drive to get away when you needed to.
Maine....you're always away from it, lol.