News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Oddball Question

Started by lalessi1, 2018-07-20 09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

I noticed a "percent symbol" in the paint code for a Fairlane 500... What is THAT for?
Lynn

CobraJoe

From what I have been told: Some Ford plants placed a third letter or symbol after the color to indicate a "Styletone" (2-tone)paint vehicle. (available only on Fairlanes). Depending on which plant did it, the third letter may have been a number, the letter "S' or the symbol "c/o" . This meant the car was painted a "Special" color other than the ones available for that model year. This was usually reserved for Ford Executives who wanted a car built and painted in non standard colors. In this case the K would have been Silver Mocha and the L would have been Doeskin Tan
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

lalessi1

Thanks for the answer. My grandmother bought a four door Fairlane 500 that was Doeskin Tan/ Silver Mocha On another note I saw your post about the Cobras, AWESOME!!!!
Lynn

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Lou

The % symbol after the paint code at certain assembly plants (MarWar, Chester, Somerville ) to name a few I know of , meant the car was undercoated at the factory.