News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

custom interiors

Started by racton, 2018-08-29 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

racton

:unitedstates:hey fellas ,I have the seats and carpetiing out of my custom300 fordoor,Originally i was gonna keep the bench seat but im thinking maybe bucket seats in the front and fishing stuff in the back.really im 70 now and my better half would rather be in her mustang. On a more serious note a 1966 T-bird looks like it might fit??Any body done anything neat?thanks racton....P.S.My mini=dachshunds have been sexually active recently...there will probably be puppie for Christmas

Ecode70D

Racton
     If the 66 T Bird seats are what it is going to take to keep you comfortable and driving your 57 Ford, then go for them.  They are nice comfortable seats.

racton

:unitedstates:Oh Ecode I love driving it all the time in any state of re-hab but I remember how nice some of the interiors were in my day and want to make it cool.

Ford Blue blood

racton,  I installed 61 -63 T-Bird seats in my Ranchero, Kyblue oval has 64 - 66 T-Birds in his.  Both sets mount up the same.  The floor mounts are flat because the floors in both series Birds are flat.  The 57 floor is far from flat.  My build thread shows how I went about doing it.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Being a 4 door, you have many more options available. I saw lots of seats I would have gone with had they been in a 2 door. Just don't go for the seats they sell at the big swap meets out of new van conversions. A guy locally with a nice 53 Pontiac wagon put them in his and to me they look totally wrong.......of course I probably should be the last one talking about what looks out of place, lol.
My back seat fold down in case I need to get back there or if I want to put something long in the trunk, like fishing poles, etc.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

racton

:unitedstates:Rich your rear seat was part of what inspired me to do something neat.I do fish,i remember reading somewhere how you made the folding seat.I could have some display cases and sell pocket knives?lay it out for the dogs?Nobody wants to ride with me but my 94 year old pappy and when we pull into a car show for an afternoon it would be nice to hustle a couple of $$$ for my 4-speed.Thanks for the response.racton

57imposter

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-09-01 15:09
Being a 4 door, you have many more options available. I saw lots of seats I would have gone with had they been in a 2 door. Just don't go for the seats they sell at the big swap meets out of new van conversions. A guy locally with a nice 53 Pontiac wagon put them in his and to me they look totally wrong.......of course I probably should be the last one talking about what looks out of place, lol.
My back seat fold down in case I need to get back there or if I want to put something long in the trunk, like fishing poles, etc.
Rich, are the front seats in your car Thunderbird? I used HHR seats in mine and that was a mistake, they are way too tall. Changing them will be major surgery since I will have to have the pleated upholstery duplicated onto the Bird seats and basically ash can the Her seats and the new upholstery thats on them.

RICH MUISE

Doug.....'93 Mitsubishi Eclipse front and rear seats. I dyed the Ford blue oval into the fabric. Mine are tall backs, would like something shorter, probably won't happen. Tall backs don't fit the 50's visually, but it makes it a little easier to "swallow" when you consider several factors..........the high back is a definite safety feature from a whiplash standpoint (I've added more safety features than most), they are long-haul comfortable, and since mine lay all the way down, the high backs make it possible to sleep in the car when I have to or want to. The rest of my interior doesn't fall into the traditional category anyways. I assume you were talking the seat height being too tall?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe