News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

introduction

Started by jviera, 2018-09-23 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

jviera

I would like to introduce myself to the forum members,now that dial-up has gone from my area, my name is John Viera 72 years old, a new and old guy I'll explain. I was a member of the old 57 Fords International back in the beginning, I was number 61(still have news letters) that was back in early 2000. My bad I dropped out, but stayed with 57 Fords Forever. Rich, take notice, Franklin Institute of Boston class of 1967 Automotive Tech. started when you did in 65, but took year off . Went to work for Robie Ford, Columbia Road Dorchester Ma. then went to Tasca Ford was there for the entire cobra jet program, at that time it was unbelievable. I then went on to become an automotive technical instructor for 35 years at a local voc. tech. school.I then retired in 2006 an did 8 years with Mass Bay Com. College Automotive Division. Race or restored it has always been Fords, example, k code Fairlanes 63, 64, 65, currently a 63, Shelby 68 500 conv., 57 fords,  and others. Been a member #(49) of the Fairlane Club of Amercia from almost the beginning.I would like to thank Cobra Joe and Jay, who I have know for many years for posting for me, Joe, especially the pictures, of my 57. If I bored anyone my apologies.

Hoosier Hurricane

John:

Welcome to the group.  Your car is amazing.  I was member #57 of the group back in the day.  I'm  77 and still racing my blown '57, but not as often as I did when I was younger.

John

jviera

John, I never had the opportunity to meet you in person,but new of you an your car for many years. I was racing when Jay Cushman  was running Blown On By  at NED. John

CobraJoe

John glad to help, no apologies needed and anything but boring! It's nice to have someone with your experience and knowledge; thanks for posting.

Joe

P.S. I was on the phone today with another gentlemen from the forum about some '57 parts. We got to talking a bit about his car and told him I'd love to see it and he said he would like to post pictures but wasn't sure how to do it. That got me too thinking and I am going to do a quick tutorial with pictures on how to use Imgur in the General Discussion Section so we can see some more of these members beautiful rides.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Welcome back to the forum, John. Thanks for the intro............I now know why Jay and Joe were refering to you as a member when I didn't have a clue as to who you were. I was thinking being from Mass, and certainly had I seen pics of your work it would have stuck in my mind. That's an awesome job on the red Business sedan.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jviera

Thanks Rich, Also to Hoosier H. sorry about that post to you, it's Blown On Bye, and it's Joe Cushman Jay is his son.That's what I get for not going to find my glasses and trying to type,so much for spelling too. John

Jeff Norwell

Welcome Back John.... your 57 is Incredible.
You sure have the history and knowledge..... simply amazing.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

FiveSevenLiter

From the West Coast, welcome back.  Hope you have a few pictures to share from the glory days.
Terry
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

Welcome, John! Glad to have you here and your 70D just turned out awesome! Hoping to see further detail pics and the car going out to shows a lot. It must be great to see it in this detailed condition, but should be a blast to drive around as well ?!
Mass is becoming the new hot spot for 57s it seems. :003:

jviera

John, Jeff, Rich, Terry, Guenter, thanks for the welcome and the kind words about the car. John V.