News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Attention Portland Oregon area members...

Started by JPotter57, 2019-01-02 19:45

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Anyone in the Portland area or within 100 or so miles..I will be in Portland from 12 January through 20 January.  If anyone wants to meet up and grab a burger or something, show off your 57 etc, I'd love to meet you guys.  Just leave a message here or PM me, and we can set up a time to grab some lunch or dinner...Let me know.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

59meteor

I`m about 300 miles North of Portland, so I won`t be in the area,but I can make a few suggestions for your trip. All American Classics is a old car wrecking yard,in Vancouver Washington, which is just across the bridge from Portland. When I was there in late 2017, they had over 20 57-59 Ford cars in the yard.
A few miles South of Portland, is the World of Speed Motorsport Museum in Wilsonville Oregon, just beside the I5. Very cool auto and Motorsport museum.
If you are into aircraft, the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville Oregon is very interesting and large. They have the Howard Hughes H4 Hercules "Spruce Goose"on display inside, and it is massive.
Too bad that you are going so early in the year, you will be close to 2 major Dragstrips (Portland Int`l Raceway, and Woodburn Dragstrip, which is about 30 miles South).Plus the famous Portland Swap Meet is the largest Swap Meet in the Northwest. Hope you enjoy your trip.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

59meteor

...And if you were to stay 1 more week,  there is the NorthWest Drag Racers Association High Performance Swap Meet just North, in Ridgefield Wa.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

JPotter57

I'm going for work, so that dictates the dates.  I have been to Woodburn before on another work trip, its a nice track.. I went on a Hot Rod Reunion weekend and there were a lot of coo cars there, sadly, though it was rained out.  Did get to see some cool stuff though.  The next trip there should come in July so may be able to go catch a little racing.  Thanks for the heads up on the wrecking yard, I'm always looking for places like that to check out.  Was finally able to get to go to Turners in Fresno a little while ago, that place is massive.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Hi Everyone up in Portland:

Not long ago James stopped by Southern California and he was able to come over and meet with me and Rick.  We didn't have much time to shoot the breeze, but had a good time. We met at Rick's house and I drove over in my 57.  No it wasn't a long drive, Rick and I live about 1320 feet apart, but not in a straight line.  So if you can arrange it, get in your 57's and meet up with him.

Bob
57 AGIN