News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hydraulic Clutch Issues Resolved

Started by lalessi1, 2018-11-26 09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

I have posted a couple of times about using a McLeod clutch hydraulic conversion kit designed for early Mustangs on our cars. I decided a while back to try to use one because I liked the simplicity of the design and the location of the master cylinder. The kit basically bolted on and simply drilling a hole in the clutch pedal and the firewall had the thing up and going. Unfortunately the pedal action was not smooth and over time the "binding" seemed to get worse. After some time I revisited the problem and after gasman826's comments about his difficulty in aligning the pedal and the master cylinder I pursued that direction. I tried SEVERAL times to align everything to no avail and finally spoke to McCleod. They were extremely helpful, recommending a modification of a spare cylinder I had. I drilled and tapped the piston in the cylinder and inserted a threaded rod and used that to line everything up, problem resolved. If anybody wants details on this conversion I can help.
Lynn