News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ranchero

Started by 57imposter, 2019-01-21 16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

57imposter

Blue Blood,   Same here, Other than some Motorcycle riding, Building cars is my only hobby, and it has served me well. I build on a budget which requires that I do all of the grunt labor, except body work and upholstery, and I wouldn't want to do it any other way. I don't restore, I build a car that while maintaining the original appearance, will barely have any stock pieces in it. To me, there is something very satisfying about starting with an empty shell, deciding where I want the car to end up and then working every aspect of the car until it fits my original design. The one I now have will be my last but it is still providing me with small winter projects that serve to keep me off the streets. It is a great hobby! I wouldn't trade the years i spent in the garage solving problems, making and correcting mistakes and watching each vehicle I finished turn out a bit better than the last one. 

Lou

Guys I have to disagree with you when it comes to dropping values of cars. I've owned about 30 collector cars since 1967 I made money on all except 3 if I had not made money I could not of built my shop or owned and I hope saved the cars I did.
Dropping values means less people are going to restore cars and more cars with be scrapped or left to rot.
My time has come and gone, what upsets me most is there are no 20 or 30 year olds to take my place.

RICH MUISE

Sounds like your agreeing with us, Lou.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe