News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Next questtion please.

Started by FORDNUT, 2019-05-27 12:37

Previous topic - Next topic

FORDNUT

I need recommendation for a fuel tank for my custom 300. Is it the same tank that goes in the Fairlane series?
At my age I am not required to act mature.

fdlrc

I bought mine from C&G Ford Parts for my 300. It works perfect, no issues. Mine came with a drain plug, not all do.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Hoosier Hurricane

Fordnut, in answer to your question, the Custom series and Fairlane series used the same tank, except for SW, SD, Retractable, and Ranchero.   John

RICH MUISE

Auto City Classic for my Custom. Fit great, bought the one with special finish (Nitern or something like that). Best price when I got mine. I also got the ss tank straps. The special finish welds great, btw, if that's a concern (in-tank fuel pump?) they're in our vendor list
www.autocityclassic.com           zinc 139.    Ni-tern 189     straps 40
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

FORDNUT

Well, I ended up buying one from Autopartsgeek2 on Ebay for $229. Seems a bunch of folks are carrying the same thing. Its a Spectra F34B. Wish me luck.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

RICH MUISE

F34B is the same number Auto City Classic uses for their Ni-tern, @189, but that's plus shipping, so if your 229 price includes ship, you got a good price.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe