News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

front ride height

Started by Charter, 2019-09-27 17:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

By no means definitive but after looking at a bunch of vintage photos my guess is the distance from the front fender lip to the ground on a stock car looks to be around 29" to 30". This is based on a 28" tire diameter (stock, I think) and noticing that the fender lip is higher than the top of the tire by what looks like an inch or two.
Lynn

Charter

Thanks Lynn. I am sitting like a truck now at 3-4 inches above the lip. Hiball my receipt states 57 ranchero 352. Go figure. They never mentioned heavy duty. I would not have ordered that spring. I will call them and see what they say about a lighter duty spring. That alone may explain the height.

hiball3985

Very strange, I went back to look at the page I saw that said Heavy duty and now it says standard, I don't know what happened  :confused2: I must be loosing it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Quote from: Charter on 2019-09-30 14:35... I will call them and see what they say about a lighter duty spring. ...
I'm just guessing that you've probably called by now.
While you had 'em on the phone I hope you also asked them what they mean by & exactly how they expect you to 'set the spindle height'.
I did wonder if they meant that you needed to drive around for a while so things can settle but I'm sure we'd all like to hear their answer.
Who knows, maybe you were just talking to the wrong guy there before and will or did get another guy this time that actually knows what he's talking about.