News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A Question for Ranchero Owners

Started by KYBlueOval, 2019-06-17 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

In searching the internet recently, I came across this website that sells a rubber, custom fit bed liner for '57/'58 Rancheros.
Anyone aware of this piece or own one? What can you tell me about it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-1958-Ford-Ranchero-Truck-Bed-Floor-Cover-with-F-047-Ranchero-Script-Logo/333108489886?fits=Model%3ARanchero%7CMake%3AFord&hash=item4d8ed02e9e:g:KpkAAOSwa~BYZv~F
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

Never saw it before. I'd have to see it in a car to decide if I even like it, I'm inclined to think not. Several thoughts...how thick and heavy is it? It's held on with magnets......how's that gonna work going down the freeway at 75 mph?? Also, keep in mind the problem with the factory rubber floor mats trapping water for years that led to floor rot issues. Every time the car got wet.rain/washings, etc., you'd have to get it out and laid flat somewhere while the car dried out. Maybe the reason they call it a "show" cover is it's not practical in normal usage.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich, I had similar thoughts and questions after reading the description. My "useage" of such a piece would be just like the vendor stated.......going to a car show or on a road trip, and protecting the  paint in the floor bed.I would never leave it in place long term for the very reason you described
Hoping someone on the Forum has seen this piece and will offer their comments
John

Ford Blue blood

John, found a clear spray-in bed liner that can be tinted to match the paint color.  They clamed that one pint/gallon of spray ready liner will duplicate the color.  The paint is base coat, the liner in an urethane based product.  I am giving consideration to using this stuff.  Just not sure I want to spend the money, do a test panel, then throw it away because the results are unsatisfactory.  Saw it on a white 57 Chevy bed and looked pretty good, but that was white.

Go to Amazon and search spray-in bed liner.  That is where I found it.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II