News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

223 breather tube

Started by Dave.L 57, 2019-06-11 10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave.L 57

:canada:thanks for all your help this forum is a live saver for amateur 57 guys like myself. My project is coming along very well. No real surprises, I was reading somewhere on this forum about being able to get rid of the breather tube and the breather cap and have a closed system but I can?t find it anymore. Is this possible and how do you do it?
I can?t believe it will ever run again!

Dave.L 57

:canada:sorry the motor is a 223 six. Runs good but fumes and even a little smoke comes out to top and the bottom

hiball3985

It can be done and I think most 61-64 had them. I found mine at a junk yard years ago. It goes in the block to replace the road draft tube and contains a PCV, then the hose runs to a fitting on the intake. Sorry for the bad pictures I couldn't find my glasses this morning  :005: You can't have a closed system,  fresh air has to enter from the top/valve cover breather
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

thomasso

Fitting can be fabricated from road draft tube with PCV valve located anywhere in line to carburetor base for full manifold vacuum, may require a spacer.  Clean air should be picked up from inside air filter, A fitting can be welded to base.  Hose should to a sealed oil filler cap. You can install a nipple in your cap and seal the holes.  Even nostalgia doesn't make that oil smell pleasant.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Dave.L 57

:canada:thank you very much your pictures were a great help. I will fab something up just like yours