News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wiper cable

Started by alvin stadel, 2019-10-01 10:38

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Rich, I just read what you said about the cable diagram for the stock wipers being wrong in the 57 ford manual. Its been a long time since I worked on one of these, and it's been a long time since I took this one apart, and I am having trouble putting it back together. So if you can give a quick run down on how it should be.  Take care, Alvin

Ray

You should have the service manual available. If I remember correctly, you need to pin the idlers then assemble the cables on the drum. When you get to the drum illustration, turn the service manual upside down. That should be the correct orientation.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

thomasso

Mine came in a box.  Took a full day to get them correct and the dash was out.  Good luck.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Ford Blue blood

Alvin, Pull the left air deflector and you will see the drum.  Easy access to it and the cables.  Given my age I have wing nuts on the seat mounts......:<) and remove it for better looks and ease of the ol back.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

What worked for me was to do one side at a time. Install the passenger side first then pull the pin to put tension on the cables. Then do the same on the driver side. I'll have look tomorrow and verify which order they go on at.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

alvin stadel

I got them installed with out to much trouble, the problem now is I have a little to much slack in the cables. I hope I don't have to start over. When I got done it was time for a adult beverage, so turned out the lights and walked away from it. Take care, Alvin