News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

fairlne 500 right upper door hinge

Started by alltin33, 2019-11-06 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

alltin33

Are all hinges same for door hard top and sedan  if not what fits. I need upper and lower pair for Fairlane 2 door hardtop.

RICH MUISE

Seems like we just had this discussion not to long ago, but couldn't find it. I would have guessed they are the same, but in doing a search I found this from a thread JVO was doing on building a Fairlane based Ranchero:
Sitting two hours away from home again at my son's for Christmas, wishing I was at home working on the ranchero.  I got the quarter panel on and pretty much welded in place, and spent a bunch of time trying to align it properly, until I realized that the original ranchero door hinges must be slightly different than the ones that came on this donor car.  Spent a whole afternoon looking for the proper hinges in all the junk I have been keeping.  Glad I haven't thrown much away, other than severly rusted pieces from the original ranchero.   Everything went well after I put the Fairlane door hinges back onto the Fairlane car.  Door fit way better and lined up properly with the quarter panel.

So, from that post, it seems like they may be different. However one needs to consider that there may have been an issue with the Ranchero hinges causing the problems he was having, and not necessarily due to being different.

With that said, KYBlueoval here has/had a set of Ranchero hinges for sale.

Two sources to check for Fairlane hinges:
Steven Pierce in 29 Palms,Ca
Roger Vasholtz in Geneso Kansas.
Their contact info can be found in our list of salvage yards
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

When I had thought I would like to build a "500 Ranchero" I had installed  a 500 door on the Ranchero.  Everything lined up perfect except the jamb was different.  Even the vent window lined up (front edge) and the gaps were, while not quite perfect, were really close.  Just did not take the time to fine tune them. 

Having said that, I fell the front door hinges are most likely the same over the model line up.  There might be slight differences between assembly plants from one end of the country to the other. 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Pretty much what I thought even reading JVO's post. Since he had the door mounted, just not able to line up, I thought maybe the hinges he was trying to use had been sprung. I sure wish his thread on that Fairlane/Ranchero build had continued. Also, left to right maybe the same as well, with just the hinge pin mounted top/head side up.

Hoosier Hurricane

The Ford parts book lists the same hinges for all passenger cars.  Since the Ranchero uses basically a station wagon platform, I would think that the hinges are the same as all the other passenger cars.  I don't have a truck parts book to double check.   John

alltin33

Thanks for the information that all passenger cars are the same according to Ford.  As always many thanks.

KYBlueOval

As Rich stated, I have hinges for two doors removed from a '57 Ranchero. If you are interested in them, make me an offer, as I have no idea what they are worth.
John

Ecode70D

A few weeks ago I needed a set of front door hinges for my 57 Ranchero and took a pair off of  my 59 station wagon and they did not fit.  Then I took a pair of of a 57 Fairlane 500 4dr and they did fit the ranchero.
    Must have been beginner's luck.

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2019-11-07 20:02
      A few weeks ago I needed a set of front door hinges for my 57 Ranchero and took a pair off of  my 59 station wagon and they did not fit.  Then I took a pair of of a 57 Fairlane 500 4dr and they did fit the ranchero.
    Must have been beginner's luck.
Jay, are you letting the cat out of the bag?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

New project, Jay?
PM being sent