News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ford Expo National Trail Raceway

Started by wv 57s forever, 2008-08-18 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

wv 57s forever

Anyone going to Columbus, will there be a shoot out for 57s?

F570RD

I know I won't be there.Wrecked my new 521 motor Saturday night.Five whole passes. :felix:

wv 57s forever

wow what can you say but that sucks, sorry

57AGIN

F57ORD:

Sorry to hear about the motor.  Could you give us a little info re how you were running and what happened.  It might help one of us out in our quarter mile efforts.  I'm planning to put mine back on the strip at our Fun Ford Weekend in mid-September out West.

Thanks,

Bob
57AGIN

F570RD

After the first 3 runs the engine cleared out.It had alot of garage time running.The 4th run was the best with a 6.99@ 101.with out a miss.After checking the oil,it was down 1/2 a quart,with 10 quart capacity I got back into staging for the second of 3 tt.The car left hard with the best 60ft of 1.55.Fell off slightly at the top of low and pulled nice through 2nd and just made high at the finish line.At that point all seemed well put as I slowed I noticed the oil pressure gauge flutter and could here a knock.Parked it at let it cool.Refired after gathering some of the boys to give a listen, I knew it was go'n on the trailer.I'll have it at the machine shop by 8/27.He wants to see it probebly as much as me.With the SVO block I can hardly beleave it weighs well over 4000 pounds.