News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

E-Bay adds

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2020-04-02 08:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

I check every day, not sure why, I sure as heck don't need another project!  I noticed they are covered up with dealer and consignment offerings, a couple of new pages every day.  What's going on?  Can't be trying to unload inventory because the prices are up a little high.  Worry that the economy will collapse and they will loose money?  Sure am glad this is my hobby and not a "flip" thing for me!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

John Palmer

You just never know what the sellers are thinking.  I had been looking for an Early Bronco project for some time.  I had been checking Ebay and C/L religiously for something that was still in my price range.  I had my "car buddy" in a different state also looking.  He sent me a referral, that I eventually purchased.  I asked him how he found it, because I checked his same C/L area and never saw it.  He said the seller had placed it on the Barter Section.

So.....I asked the seller why he placed it in the Barter Section, instead of the For Sale section?  He told me it was to avoid the $5 fee that C/L charges on the autos for sale ad's, and the Barter Ad's were still free.

I just don't get it!  He almost missed making a $20K sale, to save paying a $5 ad fee.

I agree, the economy, and lack of consumer confidence is going to screw up the car hobby prices for some time to come.   It's good to be retired, and working only for the fun of it.

rmk57

Did you ever find your early Bronco?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

John Palmer

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-04-03 10:57
  Did you ever find your early Bronco?

Yup! 

A "very original, uncut" U15 1970 standard model, 302, Three on the tree, 93,000 original miles, in Carmel Bronze.  I'm currently installing new floor pans and inner fender panels for the minor rust repairs.  Oh (LOL)...I forgot to mention why it was still in my price range.  It was being transported on a auto transport, when the transporter went off the highway and rolled.  It was a soft roll over and although it received extensive damage, it's all fixable.  Fortunately, I have a clear title, and not a salvage title.  I have been impressed with the quality and fit of the TBP reproduction sheet metal so far.

After the damage repairs are completed, I plan to install P/S, P/B, and a Vintage Air Gen IV system.  The truck is being built for my wife.

I see you are on ClassicBroncos.com also.  I'm 1970 Palmer, but just a lurker so far.

57imposter

E-Bay used to be the place to go for used parts being sold by individuals. For the past few years it seems that anything I search is loaded with new aftermarket parts and very few, if any individual adds. Also the number of items with zero bids also makes me wonder if anybody is buying much of anything off the site.

rmk57

I've had mine for sale but this a bad time to be selling anything. I'll let the ad expire then try again in a couple months, maybe.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/cto/d/north-vancouver-1966-bronco/7093191723.html
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429