News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

E brake cable

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-04-16 09:55

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I'v been looking for a new emergency brake cable that goes from the brake cans to the connection on transmission support. I'v talked with Jerry's and concourse parts and they say they can't get them, and have also looked else where with no luck. I do have a decent set on a parts car, but with everything else new thought I'd get new ones of these also.   Where have any of you been getting yours if you needed them.  take care, stay safe, Alvin

John Palmer

Control Cables in Santa Fe Springs, CA has been around for a very long time building specialty street rod and race car cables.

Controlcables.com

59meteor

Have you tried "restoring" your original cables? I just did mine last week, they were sticky, and looked like crap, but after cleaning the outside sheathing on my bench grinder using a wire wheel, they look like new again. I also buffed the cables, and after spraying brake clean down thru the sheathing, and lubing the cables, they move nice and free again. The nice thing is that the sheathing is not really long, so it`s easy to pull the cables out far enough to buff the entire cable length to clean off any built up gunk.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

Control Cables, that John Palmer mentioned, is where Bob Lee (where's he been??) sent me for my e-brake cables, but ours were for t-bird disc brakes, so our numbers/lengths wouldn't do you any good. Excellent product, very fast delivery.
Make sure you tell him it's for a long wheelbase Fairlane, not just "57 Ford", he probably has the oem info on file.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

Thanks guys,    appreciate your help.  take care, stay safe, Alvin