News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchwagon

Started by 57chero, 2020-05-13 14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

57chero

Check out Autotopia LA ranchwagon on youtube, Steve Strope from pure vision does a walk around on the 57 wagon he built pretty interesting with a lot of detail on changes to the body.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Saw that car up close at the Nationals.  It is even more impressive in person then on video!  The quality of work is over the top, the changes are so un-impactful that it could be looked at as stock by the uninitiated to 57 Fords.  Just an awesome automobile!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

I've worked with Steve on a few projects... really really talented man, and no ego.. very funny guy and his knowledge of the automobile is so vast.I love the wagon.Steve is a very cool character.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

Just watched the video. Cost? <shudder> Having visited and met and spent time with John Kasse...I can telly you the engine alone was worth more than most nice '57's on the road today. so I am going to guess this was a solid $300k car. Maybe I am off...but with the clues on price, along with the comment that it the price of a "nice" home...in SoCal...that is my guesstimate. WAY out of my price range.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Nice home in Socal....$750, but I haven't lived there for 35 years. Last time I looked the house I sold in 83 for 180, was close to 1 1/4 million.
Aside from that, with the elaborate work they did on that car, I'm guessing 600,+

mustang6984

I'll let you buy it...for me as a welcome back to America gift when I get moved!  :003:  :006:  :001:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-05-15 17:43
Just watched the video. Cost? <shudder> Having visited and met and spent time with John Kasse...I can telly you the engine alone was worth more than most nice '57's on the road today. so I am going to guess this was a solid $300k car. Maybe I am off...but with the clues on price, along with the comment that it the price of a "nice" home...in SoCal...that is my guesstimate. WAY out of my price range.
Hugh, I have it on very good authority that if you double that $300K you are still short,............ by a large amount.

Ford Blue blood

John you are right on!  I'll bet that is close to the $1M range!  Many, many hours in the doors alone, the trim is all custom made...on and on it goes.  Given "Bitchen Rides" start at $250K for a build no telling.  One of those things I just look at until I win the lottery, but, got to play it to win.  Sure am happy the "thumpers" are looking out for me.....but, I digress.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2020-05-16 05:26
Hugh, I have it on very good authority that if you double that $300K you are still short,............ by a large amount.

Possibly so. WAY out of the range of sensible people that's for sure.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

At the conclusion of the Street Rod Nationals last year in Louisville, this $$$$$$ Ranchwagon was driven from Louisville , as I recall, to Nebraska. Not on a trailer..............yes driven! The owner was on the forum some years ago when this car was being built. He was looking for OEM '57 AC Interior Parts,................. windshield adjustable AC vents, etc.  He is either an owner or The owner of ARP Bolts. Nice guy, I spoke to  him via the forum and e-mail regarding some of the changes he was making to the wagon.

hiball3985

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2020-05-16 11:47
At the conclusion of the Street Rod Nationals last year in Louisville, this $$$$$$ Ranchwagon was driven from Louisville , as I recall, to Nebraska. Not on a trailer..............yes driven! The owner was on the forum some years ago when this car was being built. He was looking for OEM '57 AC Interior Parts,................. windshield adjustable AC vents, etc.  He is either an owner or The owner of ARP Bolts. Nice guy, I spoke to  him via the forum and e-mail regarding some of the changes he was making to the wagon.
I think this is the one.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6929.0
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I had recognized this build from the T-bird door handle area, but I thought it was a different car from the ARP build, but not.

KYBlueOval

Jim, you are correct sir, that is the post that introduced us to Bob and his outstanding wagon. Thanks for finding it.
John