News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Making fender liners

Started by Fabulous50s, 2020-05-03 21:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabulous50s

Anyone tried making some fender liners for the front? The open inner fender looks bad.....and is a great place for stuff to collect and create rot. Already put on two front patch panels for the '59 eyebrows, and the air intake pipes are both rotted from silt/dirt sitting on too of it in the fender.

I'm thinking of some type of light and form able black plastic?
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.

djfordmanjack

There is a company in Finland/Europe, that has been making these on their patent since 1963. Now I know that you are not going to order those bulbous things across the pond, but maybe this gives you some ideas how they make them:

https://www.lokari.de/kotfluegel

fdlrc

I had a couple dings to work out from rocks being kicked up from the under side. I used Lizard Skin on my under carriage, it's on my list of things to do; to spray front fender under sides.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

gasman826

I sprayed Lizard Skin on all surfaces that I didn't want heat transfer.  To protect the Lizard Skin and inner fenders, I applied tintable bed liner.

RICH MUISE

The only one I know that did a "splash guard", for lack of a better discription was Bob Lee (57AGIN). he made his out of aluminum sheet. I can't remember the last time Bob posted on here, maybe a few years. I honestly have mixed feelings about it. You've got to remember something is always going to get in there, and if a guard/panel is in place, it would make it hard to flush out.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I have to agree with Rich.  Given the purpose of our 57s now compared to when they were produced is completely on opposite ends of the "use" scale.  I have serious doubts that any of us or our children would ever get enough "dirty" miles on them to cause the same rust out issues.

But, if a person were to look in the Pull-A-Part yards they might find some of the late model liners woulf do the job after some modifications.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

Ford issued a TB showing how to make a mud shield for behind the headlights on 57's.

I have a copy somewhere.

Ron.