News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New shop space

Started by sprink88, 2020-06-06 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic

sprink88

Haven't been here in a while, life got in the way, we moved and the garage is smaller than the old one. But now I have some room to start working on my 57 again.  It's a 30X30 "car condo" space.  Hate to say it, but I am already questioning room! My pontoon, my 57 and 2 atv's. Since we moved everything had been at friends houses and I am sure they are geting tired of it. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will be moving the 57 and the wheelers in.
~Chris

rmk57

The height is a big plus. A hoist and for myself, I could store my truck and camper inside. Looks good.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Lgcustom

Nice looking space! Looks like lots of overhead space for a balcony if needed.

RICH MUISE

Good to see you back. That's a nice garage, seems like what you're putting in it is gonna fill it up fast! It's tall enough for some loft storage though.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Nothing better than a shop dedicated to man toys!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

FiveSevenLiter

Can't seem to see the beer fridge???
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

John Palmer

Nice shop, love the ceiling height.

Remember, it's lots easier "filling up the space", than to "empty it out".

mustang6984

Quote from: John Palmer on 2020-06-06 13:35

Remember, it's lots easier "filling up the space", than to "empty it out".

Truer words were never spoken!  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

A twin post or a four post lift will make good use of that space and ceiling height.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

sprink88

Thanks guys.   Yes a loft may be the ticket and I am not ruling out a hoist. 

Beer fridge is on its way, and a microwave.  And I know it's easier to fill than empty.  The closet hoarder in me already has it full, but I feel him in. I have been kinda checking out the neighbor's and how they are using their space. A lot of "tuners" here which is fine, I still see them as car guys.  Some exotics  a few muscle cars and lots of boats and campers.
~Chris

Ford Blue blood

Funny story.  A friend was going to build a new shop, he had drawings, floor plans and was showing us (the Sat. morning breakfast group) the whole shebang.  All of us told him it was great but you need to add 20% more square footage.  His building plan was 30 X 30, he went forward with it and four years latter owned up to the fact he should have listened to us.  He had run out of room for his "stuff" and needed to put a lean to on the back.....

Mine is 30 X 30.  It filled up real fast!  After I retired it took me two months to sort and pitch "stuff" that has shrunk my work space down to unacceptable levels!  I guess we all suffer the "I'm going to use this some day" illness?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

Oh boy we are squirrels indeed. A good friend of mine always says, No matter how much space we have, we will always fill it to the point where it becomes too small. He may be right.... :003:

gasman826

few guarantees in life but one absolute is that if you get rid of it, the next day you will need it.

sprink88

Got all the major stuff moved in. Now to arrange it.  I cannot be any happier. With plenty of room behind.  I could even build a model A in here too!
~Chris