News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Godzilla!

Started by lalessi1, 2020-06-30 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Lynn

CobraJoe

I was very surprised Ford built that engine to compete with it's Diesel motors. Pretty impressive number for a gas engine; I would take two, just because.....  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

fdlrc

I wonder how that would fit in my 74 Bronco? I'm starting to look around and get this project going.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

rmk57

They say dimensional it's around the same as a 351 Windsor but 100 pounds or so heavier. Comes with a 2 year warranty but by the time you get it up and running your warranty would have expired. I think it's becoming more difficult to get diesel engines emissions compliant. With all the DEF, cat converter and the particulate burner must add a huge cost to the pricing.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

John Palmer

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-07-01 11:59
  They say dimensional it's around the same as a 351 Windsor but 100 pounds or so heavier. Comes with a 2 year warranty but by the time you get it up and running your warranty would have expired. I think it's becoming more difficult to get diesel engines emissions compliant. With all the DEF, cat converter and the particulate burner must add a huge cost to the pricing.

I thought it was a gas engine?

$8100, plus the computer/wiring package I would guess is another $3K.  I agree it will take someone a year to deal with all of the odds and ends installing one.

rmk57

I thought it was a gas engine?

It is a gas engine. Just a cheaper alternative.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

It is a gas engine; his response was to mine as to why Ford would want to compete with it's Diesel line.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane