News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parting out a hardtop- Fixing my Hard top

Started by abe_lugo, 2020-11-05 12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Well, As you may know I jumped on getting my old Fairlane going and looking better, after many years of neglect.

Anyhow, It looks like Im going to be getting another Hardtop as a parts car. Seeing that the bulk of my trim parts may be in a weird, "Brothers'- ex-wife limbo"

So I actually came across a fairly decent one that may be able to be parted out.

I know I will get flack from the guys saying - don't part out another one.  But here I am missing parts, if I add it together it would way more than just getting a parts car with what I need. So in the end do the math.

That said- I have parted together a few vehicles from junkers- so I have saved some.

If anyone will be interested in 2 door body parts,  chassis parts, full qtr panels, whole roof those sort of things, they may become available soon.

I'm in Los Angeles, CA
PM me tomorrow or Sat, I'll better pics by then.

After looking at the pics I have, it may not actually be a hardtop but the post coupe that looks like a hard top, yet to confirm that. Either way it has got a whole lot of parts I need.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

Heck...when I get done with this infernal move, (which is costing me more time and money than I planned), I would be in the market. Already have a radiator to pay for from another member...so slowly getting parts together to fill out my winter of work on my Courier.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Here it is.
It is the club 500 coupe

Looks the windshield height is the same as my hardtop. The fins are the same size. 
It seems to have been a automatic but changed to a 3 speed.  I can see the clutch fork and it has the clutch pedal.  But no shift arm. 

Looks like a wonky mix of looks good but missing quirky things.
I have a list of what I need. After that I?m Amy just cut it up for anyone that needs qtr panels, roof, chassis parts. 
I checked the read it?s not the smooth rear.  After that I would have to see what the rear might be.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008