News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

VIN for Canadian Ranchero

Started by grantm, 2020-12-03 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

grantm

I recently purchased a 1957 Ford Ranchero that was built in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.  The Serial Number on my car doesn't seem to match the format I generally find online.  I was hoping that someone could tell me if the VIN is different because it is a Canadian car and to help me decode it.

Serial Number:  466BK57-602521
Model Number:  466B
Trim:   WEB
Paint  16A

Any help or helpful links would be much appreciated.
Thanks

59meteor

Yes, the Canadian built Ford products had very different VIN number tags and codes. On my 59 Meteor, several years ago I sent my VIN number to the Ford of Canada Historical Department, and they sent me back a nice letter with a breakdown of the tag information. No idea if they still provide this service. I can see if I can find the contact information if you would like. They also sent me a similar letter for my old 69 Fairlane Cobra.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

grantm

That would be great, thank you!  I suspected that the Canadian numbers may be different and, if I am correct, there were only 588 1957 Rancheros produced in Oakville.  I am looking forward to tackling this  one  but I have a couple of projects ahead of it.  I want to gather as much as I can beforehand so that I can get through it quicker.