News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Courier side trim?

Started by gasman826, 2020-12-17 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

I looked up the model number for a Courier.  There is only one model number.  I searched old posts but no answer.  Did Couriers have any side trim.  I've seen several with Del Rio trim but I'm thinking that is owner installed.  I have a Courier in my junk yard and it shows no evidence of ever sporting side trim.  There are two local Couriers for sale.  I've had just about enough cabin fever to make me go shopping.

mustang6984

Yes...they do. From doors back only. You can see where mine was and what it looked like. Every one I have seen had this trim and only this trim.
I would love to come visit if you decide to sell parts...as I need things...probably not free to do that until April or may though.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

I have seen that trim set on eBay as a complete set. 
If I come across the listing I post the link.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

terry_208

Isn't that the same as the Custom sedans?
Terry

RICH MUISE

no...........the custom sedans have the checkmark.
<<<<<<<<<<avatar
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-12-17 20:19
no...........the custom sedans have the checkmark.
<<<<<<<<<<avatar

I see that now!
Terry

59meteor

I have owned 2 57 Ford Sedan Delivery's, both had similar side trim to a Ranch Wagon, only on the rear quarter panels.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

djfordmanjack

I have also owned a Canadian built Courier and it had the same factory side trim. It had a different tailgate handle though. no Ford letters and no spread V on the potmetal handle.
It'd be interesting if the straight piece of qtr panel trim is the same on the Custom and the Courier. Obviously the Custom checkmark and the Courier arrowhead are seperate pieces.

gasman826

I thought the Courier trim is the same as the Ranch Wagon.  I have compared the long, stainless, Custom spears with the Ranch Wagon spears and they are the same.