News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gen 3 Coyote and 10R80

Started by Ray Summitt, 2021-02-17 15:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Summitt

Does anyone know if the 10R80 will fit in the transmission tunnel on a 63A body ?
Or would it require tunnel work?
Thinking about a gen 3 coyote and 10R80 crate engine and transmission but I don't know about the size of the transmission.
Currently have fe and TKO600

Thanks
Ray

RICH MUISE

Can't answer that for sure, but I do believe that tranny is an updated version of the 4R70W which does fit with no alterations. I may have a phone number of a '57 owner who had a coyote in his '57 that was for sale at the last Goodguys show I did, and I took a pic of the for-sale sign with the 155k asking price and his phone number. I don't know what tranny he had in it, but it did have the Coyote. I'll look for the pic.
Found the pic....wrong car. The one I have the pic of the for sale sign has a Roush 343 with a 5 spd.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I see floor modifications in your future.  The TKO required floor mods so your floor ain't virgin anyway.  So go for it.

Ray Summitt

The only floor mod for the TKO was the shifter hole
No other mods except crossmember

Fabulous50s

I'm not comfortable enough to have my gears shifted for me...... keep the TKO
Taylor....north of ordinary!

59 Galaxie 500 Town Sedan, 352 2-speed Ford-O-Matic.. changing to 3+O/D Granada Toploader.