News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sun visor brackets.

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2021-03-05 07:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

The pair of brackets I have don't seam to be correct.  The base is longer then the interior trim, the pivot hits the windshield and is plainly visible from the outside.  The arm is up against the windshield when in the "home" position and points down when pulled away, never allowing the visor to go up against the side window. 

Can anyone post a picture of a correct visor bracket installed in a Custom/Ranchero/Wagon?  Need to figure out where to go from here with them.  I have no idea what car they would fit in but I am fairly sure not a Custom!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

You do appear to have the wrong ones.
link to my sunvisor install. The sunvisors are Cadilac, but the brackets are oem 57Custom. Not enough coffee yet to figure out how to move the pics to this post.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=5795.msg46394#msg46394
If you scroll down 1/2 dozen posts from^^^^^, there's a clearer pic of the driver's side bracket
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Thanks Rich, I can clearly see the ones I have are not correct!  The screw holes don't line up with the holes in the trim.  And I can see they are way too long......Now the hunt starts.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

djfordmanjack

I am not sure Bill, yours just appear to be upside down, and the upper windshield molding seems too narrow.
I just took som pics of my CS and will post them later, give me an hour or two.

djfordmanjack

this is my March 57 built Country sedan.
first pic is left ( drvr) side, others pssgr.
see how the hinge point is to the inner and up against the headliner, not like yours, pointing towards the glass.
also check the similar width of upper and A pillar molding.

these brackets are og to the car, but are somewhat bent/caved in where a p o tightened the screws too much ( the potmetal base molding is hollow on the backside).

rmk57

I've only ever seen one in my lifetime and that would be a righthand visor delete cap. Fellow had one in his glovebox and unfortunately didn't want to sell it to me.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

terry_208

Quote from: rmk57 on 2021-03-05 10:33
  I've only ever seen one in my lifetime and that would be a righthand visor delete cap. Fellow had one in his glovebox and unfortunately didn't want to sell it to me.

My car came with a right side visor delete.  I don't know where it went to.  Probably hiding with the right side quarter window mechanism.  I'll be glad when I can dig around and find things.   
Terry

gasman826

Flip side to side or twist it 180 degrees.

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys.....brain fart!  Now I see the light said the blind man........ After looking at the pictures it hit me!  It just didn't make any sense the way they were going up in there.  Give it another try tomorrow.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero