News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

door assembly

Started by terry_208, 2021-04-19 18:50

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

I have most of the door internals installed.  I'm having trouble figuring out where the third peg/roller goes for the window regulator.  I realize that two of the rollers go into the window channel at the bottom of the glass.  I've looked in the shop manual but didn't get any clarity.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Terry

thomasso

Terry:  As I recall there is a short roller channel bolted inside the door. About 8- 10 inches long that roller goes into.  Put in last.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

terry_208

Thank you.  I couldn't figure it out as I was looking for a welded in piece.
Terry

terry_208

After searching through several boxes of parts and not finding the missing run, I looked in the other door only to find the run  was welded in place. I wasn't looking in the correct area but it wasn't visible in the partially assembled door.  About 40 minutes later I had the glass installed and working properly only to discover the top edge of the glass near the rear edge cut 1/4" short. 

I need to get someone knowledgeable to check my adjustment on the mechanism.  If my adjustment is correct, I'll take it apart and have another pair of door glasses cut. 

I truly appreciate all the assistance I get form the members here!
Terry

terry_208

A quick little update.  I am having the door glass re-cut.   
Terry