News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My sons 65 Falcon

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-07-19 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Well after 8 years of me keeping my sons 65 Falcon 2DHT he is getting to take it with him.  He is career  Army. I restored it and give it to him 8 years ago. It just didn't work out for him to take it before. He is headed to Ft Bliss {El Paso Tx.] to the sergeant Major academy, then from there who knows. I may end up with it again before he gets out.  It was 108 when we loaded it on the trailer this afternoon, to hot for this old man, but just another walk in the park for El Paso.

mustang6984

DAMN! Taking pics of that was on my list when I get there in August!  :'(
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

I spent a summer at Ft Bliss (its EL Paso...its always summer!!).  NIKE Ajax missile training...you know, life with NUKEs!

Rancher

:icon_kidra:
"Out in the West Texas town of El Paso..."

Can I make a suggestion?
Fit it with provisions for a decent direct-to-frame tow bar attachment before it leaves.
Then if it has to moved or fetched on short notice hopefully it won't become a big deal that might snowball into losing it after eight years.

mustang6984

He sent me a pic...it went off on a U-Haul trailer.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

IIRC the Sergeants Major course is a years assignment or at least it was when I got out in the mid 90's.  That's why I retired when I did.
Terry