News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

web site

Started by rockymountaincustom, 2008-11-04 13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rockymountaincustom

I have not posted for a while. Started to work on the 57 again. Will post more pics as things happen. We put the 57 on the back burner and finished up a 64 comet cyclone. It is out of the shop so we are going to go great guns on the fairlane. My web site is up and running, not complete, but close. Question for the head honcho. Do you mind if I put a link to this site on my page for the 57 I am building. My web address is  http://www.rockymountaincustom.com/   Thanks, Jeff

JPotter57

Sure, that is fine as long as it pertains to `57 Fords.  I'll check it out myself.  Note in your profile you can add a signature.  I think I may have my site to my `57 in my sig, or maybe in the dropdown box under my name.  Feel free to send any links to `57 related sites to me, and I may add them to the links section if they are informative or entertaining.  Welcome back to the site.

By the way, that is some nice resurrection work on the convertible.  Very nice.  Was there more than floor rust damage on that one?  A lot of folks would have been scared away from that one.  Great save.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Incredible build on that Fairlane. Is the front suspension the Gearheads setup. If so now that you've installed it care to reflect on it, positive or negative.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

rockymountaincustom

Thanks. The car was in alot worse shape then we thought. After replacing all the rust we found the frame bent and alot of body filler covering up damage. The more we straighten the more parts dont fit. but we are gaining. as for the front end, it is gearhead cruisers a-arms and sway bar. A-arms fit good, needed a little mod. to make air bags work. Had to build new brackets and basically mount the sway bar upside down. I think the sway bar would bolt right up if you were putting it on stock suspension. Doesnt make sense they would build the a-arms and not make it work with there sway bar, but stranger things have happened.