News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Electric wiper motor - New Port NE5700FP - help needed

Started by ajax5269, 2021-10-07 14:05

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax5269

Guys,
I had to re-do the wiper cables; using info found on this site.  They seemed to work correctly when doing them manually.
However, I've wired in the New Port NE5700FP electric wiper motor assembly; and it parks with the wipers at the top of the sweep.
Am I doing something wrong; or will I have to redo the wiper cables on the drum to reverse the sweep?
Thanks,
Andy K.

RICH MUISE

I can't help you other than to say many guys have used the Newport system, and over the years, I've never heard of anyone having to modify the cables to suit. I suspect it's a setting on the Newport motor.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

I retro fitted a marine wiper motor for my 57 which is what Newport uses. Under the 4-screw cover of the wiper motor there should be a round dial with numbers such as 90, 70, 45, those are for your sweep angle. Also on the dial there should be a L or R, that is for your park. Remove the clip that holds the bar on then move it to either the left or right hole. Most all those wiper motors work on the same layout.

Should look something like this or close to it......

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Don't ya hate instructions written by a person whose first language is not English.
Thanks for posting that, it confirms what I was telling him.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

I called Newport and they were very nice and walked me through the entire I was having..... small company and very friendly.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

ajax5269

To All,
Thanks for the replies.

Randy,
Thanks for the diagram.  I will try this adjustment tomorrow morning.
What is the proper sweep angle for the 57 Custom?
Take care,
Andy K.

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

Just leave the arms off while adjusting the sweep.