News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford custom 300 Matchbox scale

Started by abe_lugo, 2022-05-06 17:18

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

Seems these co's always seem to get a few of the details wrong. The old AMT's were always more correct than these chinese castings. You would think they would at least ask someone familiar with the year/model they are making to proof them.

Ron.

abe_lugo

Hey Ron, what details are wrong? We can try to fix it on the next one. 
There are limitations at one 1/64 scale and tooling limitations. 
Just be happy I cared enough not to do a hardtop.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ecode70D

Well I found out that Walmart  does not have them.   I have to keep looking.   

mustang6984

Hey Abe...score a bunch of them for all of us! LOL!!! They will all be sold out in hours...no matter how many you grab!   :002:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

I asked for a bunch already.  I think we have about a month before they show up.  Currently mix 3 is hitting shelves.  This will be the next mix.

SkylinerRon

Abe, I was actually refering to the 1/18 Skyliner which has the heater blower on the wrong side of the firewall. Most of the Franklin and Bradford models have some glaring mistakes especially considering the price they ask. That 1/64 model looks great for the small scale.

Ron.

mustang6984

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2022-05-24 00:06I asked for a bunch already.  I think we have about a month before they show up.  Currently mix 3 is hitting shelves.  This will be the next mix.

Excellent...I'll take a couple...if I can get 'em. since I don't get notifications about stuff on the site (as many don't) just text me and I'll send ya' the dough.  Thanks sir.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

SkylineRon- that would bug me to no end also. 

we took a look at a few kits for ours and Ford has been really picky on sculpt approvals lately.

I really keep thinking on how to do a 1/64 moving top Retractable bit alas too many small parts. 

SkylinerRon

Abe,  It would be hard to syncro all the small parts. Ford barely fit it all in a full size car!

Ron.

Ecode70D

Have any of you Mass. guys found a store that is selling them?

abe_lugo

Not out yet.  Sound like in a month or so.