News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Green 1957 Country Squire in Switzerland

Started by djfordmanjack, 2022-08-19 03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

My friend Reinhard is on holiday vacation in Western (French speaking part of) Switzerland, close to the border with France and he just sent me these pics of a CSq in traffic. :001:

I wonder if the green was available as an original color option on the Country Squire ?

RICH MUISE

Even here, we hardly ever get to see a squire. That one is very very pretty!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

wasn't that one on Ebay a year or two ago? Looks really clean.
https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ford-country-squire-station-wagon-1957-193-c-51c4e50b31

looks like it has a special edition art on the drivers door, I mean how many of the same can there be?
57_Ford-Cntry-Squire-DV-13-BJ_01.jpg
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

djfordmanjack

Awesome find, Abe ! Must be the very same car ! :001:

The description is somewhat interesting. Talking about 'real wood' so either the restoration stretched the limits of originality or they didn't know any better. 57 C Sq should have wood decor foil and glassfibre (painted wood) moldings. Also the interior is far from original, just saying. Anyways. a stunning car, and nice to know it is still around and being driven.

Wirenut

Nice wagon, they're expensive here, I can only imagine the cost after shipping and import/export fees.
I have watched a show on TV about classic cars and some of the filming has been done in Finland, Netherlands and Switzerland of car shows, I'm always amazed at the American classic cars that are over there and the condition they're in. Thanks for posting the photos.

Ecode70D

That certainly is a real pretty car.
     I'll bet that it stops a lot of traffic over there in Switzerland. 

Contibob

I knew a guy in Mexico that had one in this color. Pretty car. I have one that is Black with red and white interior. Sold new here in San Diego and never got more than 200 miles away. Odd in that it has a 3spd OD with Factory AC

Marc

That is a nice looking wagon. Needs a couple of surfboards poking out the rear window!

SkylinerRon

You just don't see many 57's Willow Green. Not too bad when fresh but, very dull after a few years in the sun. My first 57 Retract was that color, had to paint it black.