News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Retractable

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2022-06-25 07:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Sold my Retractable to a local guy.  Ford guy, likes older (60s) Fords.  His first 57.  He has a bunch of questions so I recommended he join this site.  I told him there is no such thing as a stupid question on this site, that there is a wealth of knowledge here and that all are willing to share what they know or learned working these cars.img032.jpgimg034.jpg 

Felt I needed to find a new home for it as things here are changing.  I'm doing well but other life's issues eat a bunch of time and taking care of everything leaves less time to care for my junk.  So the herd has been thinned to the Ranchero and the 36 witch needs a complete re-build after 52 years (yes, just figure how long ago 1980 was) of running hard all over the US.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Bill, the '36 may still be ok..........it was only 42 years ago, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Bill, I sent James a message about Robert. Hopefully, he's in town and gets it soon.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Casual Project Manager

Greetings All.
 Finally got the log in to work. Finishing up a new horse for towing in my shop so car is temporarily under the lean too
My current plan is to get this car cleaned up and slow down the aging process of steel a little. Dustless blasting planned in the future.
I will post on new restorations section as often as I can. I go pretty slow since life gets in the way of my favorite hobby so bear with me. Good things to come for this car.

hiball3985

Welcome to the forum. You will find many of us go at a slower pace for one reason or the other and we have plenty of patience  :001: . Just enjoy what ever you decide to do..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

oldave57

Good Morning and welcome to the Forum.  I also have a 57 Skyliner (owned for the past 4 years or so) and have done a fair amount of "tinkering" with it.  There is also a Skyliner website that is pretty much dedicated to the 57, 58, and 59 Skyliners that might be of interest to you.  That website is a lot "slower" to reply than this website, however, so it may take some patience to get a reply.

http://www.skyliner.org/forums/forum.php

Good luck with your project.  It will be fun to watch the progress and great to see another 57 Ford "on the road again".

Dave

SkylinerRon

Welcome! I have a Skyliner too. Been in the family since 1965. Plenty of 57 Ford info on this site for sure.

There is a great national club you can join also. Your car looks pretty solid but there are a lot of repro parts available if you need them.

Tell us some more about your car and send more pic's!

Good luck,

Ron.