News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

aluminum intake

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2022-12-16 09:34

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi,  any know where I can find a aluminum  intake for a 312 for a 4 bdl,  thanks   jerry

cos

Hi  Go over to Yblocksforever forum and nose around.

57chero

Google John Mummert his web site will come up, I have one of his aluminum intakes and valley covers on my 56 T bird 312, there not cheap but there very nice quality.

KULTULZ

... damn ...

The ACL -

Is that a BIRD ACL with the front shield removed? OEM or replacement?

Beautiful detail work on the engine compartment!
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

KULTULZ

- BTW -

The MUMMERT does not have a heat crossover so it may cause a drive-ability concern(s) in cold/humid climates.

BLUE THUNDER has the cross-over.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

John Palmer

Lots of Fords originally used a water heated base plate under the carb. 

That might help as a work around for the guys in the cold climates.

57chero

KULTULZ, it's an aftermarket air cleaner with a dropped base, as far as the intake it runs great, I usually just drive it in the summer months but lately it's been nice and sunny but only mid 40s for a high still drives like a champ.

KULTULZ

QuoteKULTULZ, it's an aftermarket air cleaner with a dropped base ...

...hmmpf ...

TRICKED ME!

Pretty though (and I ain't much on aftermarket). Who is the vendor?

It fits like a glove. The drop for hood clearance?

QuoteI forgot to mention I like the way they mount to the motor eliminating the little spacers and bolts between the runners.

I never noticed that.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

KULTULZ

Quote from: John Palmer on 2022-12-16 14:13Lots of Fords originally used a water heated base plate under the carb. 

That might help as a work around for the guys in the cold climates.

You're right but the BIRD had a low hood clearance. But it is a good idea for the PASS CAR. Put a heater control valve before the inlet side of the spacer for fair weather use to allow the plenum to remain somewhat cool.
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960