News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

clips to install stainless Model 70A

Started by terry_208, 2022-11-30 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

I would say dont repost this resourse too much, he list has gotten smaller over the years as his inventory goes away. also note you should have the black 3M body caulk AKA dum-dum within these so not to scratch nice paint and weather seal.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

KULTULZ

Quote... should have the black #M body caulk AKA dum-dum within these so not to scratch nice paint and weather seal.

GOOD ADVICE THERE!
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

KULTULZ

Here is an INDEX of MLDG PN's for your 66B -

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _1 - INDEX.png

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _2.png

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _3.png

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _4.pngMLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _4.png
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

KULTULZ

The Rest of The Story - MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _5.png

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _6.png

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _7.png

MLDG CLIP KITS - 1957 FORD (66B) _8.png   
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

KYBlueOval

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2022-12-02 10:49I would say dont repost this resourse too much, he list has gotten smaller over the years as his inventory goes away. also note you should have the black 3M body caulk AKA dum-dum within these so not to scratch nice paint and weather seal.

I'll be in Ft.Worth in a couple of weeks.........I plan on stopping in and checking it out. Stay tuned for a follow up report.

Kultulz...........Thanks for the posting. Great information. I appreciate it.

Rich..........Glad to hear your surgery went well. Don't lift anything heavier than a skirt for about six weeks!

John

Ford Blue blood

I have used plumbers caulk to install the clips and seal things up around the holes.  Stays soft with just a skim on the surface so it won't collect dirt and such.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2022-12-03 05:01I'll be in Ft.Worth in a couple of weeks.........I plan on stopping in and checking it out. Stay tuned for a follow up report.

Kultulz...........Thanks for the posting. Great information. I appreciate it.

Rich..........Glad to hear your surgery went well. Don't lift anything heavier than a skirt for about six weeks!

John

I was in Ft.Worth for a few days and went by Mr. G's, to see what they have.
I was given a quick tour and they indeed have a lot of clips, grommets etc.I asked if it was all N.O.S. and they informed that there was some N.O.S. and some came from Taiwan. I saw a fair amount of Auveco Boxes while there, which you can get anywhere.
John

RICH MUISE

I pretty much used what Jeff just pictured. Just got them at the local paint supply store. Not sure what they're called, I call them butterfly fasteners.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Thanks for checking it out John.  I did my 64 wagon with clips from MR.G.  I think as all the Auveco clips dry up they been finding similar clips to keep the supply going. 

KYBlueOval

Abe, I read your reply to say that Auveco is no longer producing the clips that we need for our '57's. Is that correct?
John

abe_lugo

No what I mean is that some are just in short supply at this vendor.  He might not be able to restock.  It's noted some times or when you call. They will say they only have X amount.

I noticed that some of the clips are also listed on restoration specialties with specific makes and years. Same part it happens to be known what it fits but then the price is more.