News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk Weather Strip Question

Started by lalessi1, 2023-03-07 14:10

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

How far from the edge of the trunk do you glue the seal? Is the whole seal supposed to sit in the drip channel?
Lynn

terry_208

Lynn, I sent you a txt msg w/pictures. 
Terry

Ray

to the outside. Needs to sit in the channel at the outside edge if I remember correctly
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

RICH MUISE

If I'm reading your question correctly, Lynn, it doesn't mount in the channel, it mounts on the trunk LID. Look again at that drawing you posted. We just had this discussion not to long ago. The drawing doesn't match up with the trunk seal I got years ago from DC. Mine mounted/nestled in the corner of the trunk lid where the inner support comes out at a 90* angle.  The seal should contact just the lip on the channel.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Thanks for the replies. Terry, I got your text, that is what I was thinking. Rich, mine came from Carpenter as well. The seal is flat and it won't actually fit in the "curve" on the trunk lid. I have had the seal for years, those instructions are what I sent you back then. It was not what I remembered when I dug it out!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I think it was Terry that sent me pics as well,got just a phone #, no name. I'll try and get them posted as soon as I figure out how to download pics that are in a text rather than the photo area. It'll be later today.

terry_208

Rich, yes, I sent you the pictures.  Sorry I didn't ID myself in the text.  I save all the website contact numbers I've gotten along with the name/where I contact them.  I forget not everyone is as anal as I am.
Terry

RICH MUISE

pics. from Terry.  I seem to have lost a third pic.......not sure where the computer put it?!  I'll try to find it, but these two should do it anyway. These pics look just like mine.