News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Padded dash

Started by Tedley, 2008-12-16 10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Tedley

Hi everyone.    :006.   I am new to this site and need a little help.  I Just acquired a 57 2-d hard top. It has a padded dash in so so condition.  Did all the models have this or was it an option ?. Does anyone make a replacement for the 57 ?..if not, can one remove the padded dash?..I am wondering what the finish is like under the padded dash. Is it painted like the rest of the dash. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Tedley in Arizona.

Ford Blue blood

I believe it was an option, just a regular steel dash under.  A small stainless strip finished it off under the "lip".  If the dash was padded I think the sunvisors were as well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Tedley

Thanks, Bill. I hope the paint is ok. I guess I will know when I remove the padded dash. Hopefully the painted dash is standard and then the factory added the padded part if you wanted it that way.

wildhog

the dash is painted under the pad,but after50 years the glueand such ,you will have to repaint it. You can also order a new pad from DENNIS CARPENTER they come black but can be dyed. Hope this helps.Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)