News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fairlane Hubcap question

Started by FordFanPat, 2024-05-25 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

FordFanPat

Can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Are these correct for a 57 Fairlane 500 too? Or are these T bird hubcaps?

Seem to keep seeing a different style on Fairlanes.

Marc

They appear in my Custom 300 dealer brochure as an available option, so I'd say they could be had on any 57.
Usually these are what you'll see:
cap.jpg

FordFanPat

Exactly. Those you pictured are the ones that always come up when I look up 57 Fairlane hubcaps. Thanks for the info  ;D

djfordmanjack

There is an accessory type turbine wheel cover for 1957 Ford passgr cars, I think it is a one piece stainless item. (The one pictured in first post)
As far as I recall my friend's Thunderbird had similar hub caps, but they were indeed hubcaps with an accessory turbine style trim ring, so these were 2 pcs items on the T bird (as far as I recall his was a 56 though).

cokefirst

Let me see if I can sort this out for everyone.  The two piece caps that were mentioned above, were not the turbine but the 1955-56 simulated wire wheel caps.  They used the poverty caps (red center in 55, white center in 56) then there was a simulated wire wheel cap that was held on with spring clips.  They were an option on the Thunderbird or passenger car.  They are also for the 15" wheels used prior to 1957.

The Turbine wheel cover was the cap you would received stock on your 1957 Thunderbird if you ordered it with full wheel covers.  The star burst cap was the cap you would have on your 1957 Ford passenger car is your ordered it with full wheel covers.  The turbine was available for the 1957 passenger models as an over the counter purchase.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed