News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero License Plate Bracket Question

Started by KYBlueOval, 2024-07-25 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I need a rear license plate bracket. A friend has a bracket that he took off of a '57 Ranchero decades ago, but does not remember if it was on the front or the rear.
So, the question is.....Are the'57 Ranchero license plate brackets the same front and rear? Are the license plate brackets on a '58 Ranchero the same as those on a '57?
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

John, the front bracket on my Ranchero had the mounting holes close together, about 3" apart.  It was beyond use and repair so those two holes had polished ss bolts put in them.  My rear bumper was not with the car so I found a rear wagon bumper of unknown year (57/58) and built a mount for it.  The hole spacing for mounting it is in the 6 - 8 inches.  Sorry, no good answer to your question.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

1930artdeco

From what I understand the they are not. There were two different front bumpers in 57 the narrow spaced holes and the the later wide spaced holes. The rear bumpers I believe are the same.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

gasman826

Rear brackets are the same for Rancheros and the wagons.  Cars didn't use rear brackets.  I searched for one but never did find one.  A couple of bends in the brake and had a new one.  Looks OK.

KYBlueOval

Thanks to ......Bill Mike and Gary. I appreciate your comments and insight.
John

57chero

If you need one I have one for the Ranchero and Wagon

KYBlueOval

57chero.......I sent you a PM
John