News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New site coming.....

Started by JPotter57, 2009-01-27 20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Since the site is having issues almost every other day now, I started looking into it a little deeper.  It seems that the service I have to host this site has oversold server space, and our site isnt the only one suffering.  Since the site comes up for renewal in about 30 days or so, I will be searching for another host, and will migrate this site over to it.  It will look the same initially, but I plan to revamp it, to keep it looking fresh, although the forums wont change.  I plan to migrate the forums as is, so I dont have to spend a lot of time moving posts, etc.  If the site goes down again, just know ahead of time that I am on top of it, and am actively searching daily for a better place to host this site.  We dont get the traffic of some of the bigger sites, but our site is make and model specific, and does pretty good in spite of that.  Please hang in there, it really will get better, but only if we make this move.  I cant see paying to keep it here another two years, when the site has been down over 3 weeks in the past two months.  Not good.  It will get better, I promise, or I will move it again.  If I cant find good space, I may just have to build my own server and host it myself.  Keep watching, and keep your fingers crossed. :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

James,
Must be a PITA keeping up with this crap!
Ron :001:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

James :006:
   We will go along with you as always. It ain't like we have not been there before , every time things come out better. Good luck on your search.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

57AGIN

James:

Just please keep on, keeping on...  The vast majority of us don't know a "host" from a post and believe a "server" is someone who works in a restaurant.

Bob
57AGIN

57 Ford Kustom

Bob :006:
   What do you mean no one is going to bring me my food order????

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2009-01-28 12:13
James:

Just please keep on, keeping on...  The vast majority of us don't know a "host" from a post and believe a "server" is someone who works in a restaurant.

Bob
57AGIN
Isn't that the truth!
I hate blocksanding!