News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchero front seat.

Started by Lou, 2009-05-07 12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou

This past weekend I looked at 2 57 rancheros, the front seat in one was the same as you would find in a sedan or 2 door station wagon, the other had a seat that the whole back folded foward like you find in a Chevrolet pick-up. Both owners clamed that their Rancheros were original. Which is correct?

shopratwoody

Lou,
Mine  always had a split back on the seat.
I hate blocksanding!

meteor

Mine was a split seat. I also have an original data book that shows the split folding seat.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

wildhog

every stock ranchero i have ever seen has the split seat back, this is also what is show in all the sales lit. hope this helps tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

rmk57

The bench without the split would be from a 4-door car wouldn't it?
Also didn't the one piece bench seat have an ashtray in the middle rear of the seat?
My Edsel wagon did maybe Fords were different.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Lou

I had a Ranchero in the late 60s real Plane Jane. The back of the rear seat was one piece and folded forward like a Chevy Pickup. I was a early Marwar, NJ vehicle

JPotter57

I have seen them both ways.  When I lived in Tennessee, the local junkyard there had a really rusty but complete Ranchero, base trim level, no stainless on the side at all, the seat had a one piece back, folded forward to access the storage behind the seat.  Most of the ones I have seen are the split back though.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.