News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

car covers

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2009-08-20 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

want to work on my mustang this winter, so i need a cover for the 57 fairlane 500 conv,   called california covers & they quoted me a price,   but getting down to it the guy screwed up and gave me the wrong price,  now its up to 399, or 499 if i want HD cover,  my question is,  is there any other covers out there?????????,   thanks for any info

JimNolan

Gerry,
   I found a cover on EBay with an advertisement showing my car. I ordered the car cover and added a note saying they were using my car as an advertisement. They sent me the cover but it was too small. I tried to get back with them but then they were gone.
   Buy one from a place that will at least return your money if it doesn't fit. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

geraldchainsaw

knew i could count on one person, Jim Nolan.   i guess theres not to many good car covers out there,    probly go with California after all,  won't like it, but not much choise.  thanks for the info Jim.     

57 Ford Kustom

Jim;
   Some day we will learn about buying on ePay. :deadhorse: :dumbass: My car cover was to small also ,was advertized in stock but took over a month to get and didn't fit. Than they would not reply to emails.
    Wife and Son got me one for Christmas ,but she can not remember where.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

I have a Calif Car Cover and it fit like a glove. I bought a soft one to use indoors :004:
I hate blocksanding!

JimNolan

Gerry,
   Sounds like you better stick with Calif Car Covers. I'll check into that myself. As far as counting on me, I've just caught up on things around here. I've asked questions before on this website and didn't get the results I wished for. But, then I realized that we're all busy and don't spend that much time on the website, especially during the summer months. I'll bet responses are a lot better during the winter. All in All, this is a great website for people like us. We've got so much experience to draw from and every question I ever asked got answered, maybe not the next day, but they got answered. I'll be on here as long as they let me. P.S. You still haven't brought that convertable down this way for me to see. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

lotsafords

Take a lookl at Dearborn Classics.  Their best cover sounds like what your looking for and the price seems pretty fair.
Jack

Frankenstein57

I agree with what Jim Nolan says, and Gerald, you need a bigger garage. Mark

geraldchainsaw

i'll just ask & c what i get for answers,    i talked about getting a car cover from california car covers,   which i will get!!,   but as a added protection i was thinking of putting a heavy plastic on top of the top (convertable),  plus on top of that a top almost like california tops and then using a california top on top of that,  any thoughts?????????, i never had a conv before and don't want to ruin the top on it now.  thanks for anything,   jerry

57AGIN

Jerry:

I'm lucky my 57 is garaged year round.  However my daily driver 2008 Shelby GT sits out day and night and I wanted to protect it as much as possible (no sleet, snow or blizzards, just occasional rain & nightly dew).  My Shelby cover was purchased through Shelby Automotive and was quite expensive $399.  When I got it I was disappointed as it turned out to be not much more than a dust cover, best for use in storing the car inside.  However, I noticed it was made by COVERKING, a manufacturer of custom automotive accessories.  I got in touch with them and ordered a more appropriate outdoor car cover from them for a lot less, $129.  Go to their web site gocoverking.com or google coverking and you can get in touch with them.  Although, they just list the 1957 Fairlane, that cover might be ok.  It might be better to store your Sunliner with the top up.  Good luck.

Bob
57AGIN

PS:  I'm very satisfied with the second car cover I bought.  It fits like a glove and rolls up for storage easily.  I have it on and off the car 3 to 4 times a day, depending on how long I'm staying in one place.

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i'v e talked to 3 diff people about covers,  california cover, coverking, and dearborn classic,    dearborn classic wants 275 or so, california wants 399 and coverking wants 401, i'm sure their all good, but which for my purpose,  i'm worried most about the top,  anyone had experience with any of these companys?????????thanks

wildhog

GERALD, I HAVE USED CALIF. CAR COVERS FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS . I HAVE A BLUE STORMWEAVE ON MY BLUE AND WHITE SUNLINER, AND A GREY STORMWEAVE ON MY RANCHERO. THEY BOTH FIT GREAT AS THEY ARE SEWEN TO FIT THE MODEL OF YOUR CAR. MY 300 BODY CAME WITH A COVER BUT IT FITS LIKE A GUNNY SACK ON A PIG! WHEN I STORE THE RAG TOP FOR THE WINTER I COVER THE TOP WITH A WHITE BED SHEET BEFORE I PUT THE COVER ON IT. IF I AM GOING TO DO ANY GRIDING OR OTHER DIRTY WORK IN THE GARAGE, I COVER THE CAR COVER WITH CLEAR PLASTIC TO PROTECT IT. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)