News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Antenna

Started by jwag, 2010-03-02 23:24

Previous topic - Next topic

jwag

Anybody know of an option for an antenna on these cars? The one that is supposed to be the right one is $72.50 which is insane. The universal ones I have seen would not fit because ours sit on a ridge and all the universals I have seen sit on a flat surface. Any ideas?

hivolt5.0

Have you thought about using a hiden antenna?  The reception probably won't be as good as a mast style antenna but it would clean up the lines of the car.  Of course you'd have to fill in the hole on your fender.

deereford

Hi, Are there any good swap meets in your area? It shouldn't be to hard to find a good used one. If you have the base for an original ant, I believe a mast from a newer ant will fit the 57 base. Brad.

jwag

I did not know that a new mast could be put into the old base. I will look at it more closely.  The radio in it is the original tube type and it works fine. In my old age all I listen to on the radio are AM talk shows anyway. I have my trusty 8 track  under the dash for when I want tunes.

Frankenstein57

What do you mean old age? I'm 53 and was at a cheap trick concert last night, wake up!   Mark

jwag

Now Mark, I was just being facetious. As far as waking up goes, I do... usually way too early for a young guy!

Anyway, I did take my antenna apart. Thanks for the heads up on that. If I can find a lead for it it will only be $10 or so. A lot better than the $72 they want for the whole thing.