News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear Quarter Glass Install Nightmare Over!

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2010-03-14 07:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

When I originally removed the rear quarter glass from my 70A, I wondered how I was ever going to reconnect the washers, roller and clip that hold the regulator arm to the glass frame.  The manual says to reconnect it through the access hole which is very small and back toward the rear of the car.  After playing around with it for an hour or so, I was about ready to glue the damn windows in.  I wondered what kind of wizzards they must have had at the Ford dealerships back in the fifties?   All of a sudden a light went on and I could see what they were talking about all along.  I took the glass back out and installed the washers, roller and clip on the glass FIRST, then reinstalled the glass in the car.  All you have to do then is pop the regulator arm into the roller and it's done.  I can't believe how stupid I was trying to hold a handfull of small parts in one hand and my light in the other, working though that small hole.  I'm posting this info so you don't waste a lot of time like I did.  :iamwithstupid:

Ford Blue blood

The assembly manual I have for my 62 Bird has that very sequence in it.  Just a little too easy to be the way to do it........ :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford_Crazy

The 57 manual wasn't that clear.  It's easy when you know how.  :>)

texasmark1

good for you! I gave up trying to get the window out on my 64B, took the roller assembly off thru the access hole, plan to clean off the old grease and just put it back together after installing the fuzzies and other weatherstripping pieces... never mind about the crack in the glass... it verifies that it a genuine old car!!

Mark
God Bless Texas!