News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

repairing rusted out sheetmetal

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-03-20 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

If there is any interest, i'll do a tech article on repairing rusted out headlight buckets, or repairing inner fender wells under the battery tray. These are the only two areas on my car I didn't replace rusted areas with fresh sheetmetal. Also if there is any interest on how I replaced the outer flange areas on both rear wheelwells or making new inner front splash pans(the inside panels below the headlights behind the grille). I also rolled my back pan. None of the mentioned projects were done with any elaborate sheetmetal forming equiptment. Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

texasmark1

God Bless Texas!

Frankenstein57

Rich, its always good to see someones techniques on panel repairs. I say post away! The cars up here in the rust belt always need fixing. Mark

RICH MUISE

That was quick. I'll work on them as soon as I have a chance.I'll try to figure out how to post photos also.

glen b henderson

How to's with pics are always interesting. That is the reason that I enjoy the HAMB, just to read the tech articals.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Rich, when you get ready to post photos, instead of using the quick replay at bottom, click the reply button at the bottom of the actual post, and it goes to advance mode.  Click the additional options link when you finish typing your post and a drop down menu will offer you the option of posting photos from a link or uploading from your computer.  Thanks much for all of the great tech you are posting up...That is what we need here, is a bit more involvement in the project side.  Thanks again, and if you need any more help on photos let me know.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

I tried to post a photo tonight as you sugested above, but it wouldn't post. The advanced options says the dowload is limited to 300kb, and my photo is 2.56mb. How do I get there from here?
I went back and resized my pic to 299kb, but the site still tells me the file is to big....?