News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Oil Mess

Started by shopratwoody, 2010-06-15 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

James,
I can't believe the mess down there from the oil. Apparently they
don't have a clue how to stop it. Greed!
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I don't think they have a clue either.  You guys in Cali have oil laying on top of the ground in places, yet they feel the need to drill, after going a mile to the ocean floor, another 6 miles deep to get to the oil.  Then they try to cap it instead of piping it out...Exploratory drilling is stupid, if they're just going to cap it.   As a country, we are screwed, my friend.  Hopefully, we can recover from 2008 soon.  We sincerely need a lame duck oval office at this point.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

We can also thank some of the tree huggers.....have you seen where the drill sites for ANWR are?  They don't look anything like the mountian views shown when the discussion comes up, the spot is really a flat marsh at the edge of the Artic Ocean, miles from the mountains pictured...and....right next door to ANWR they are already drilling and pumping oil!  Very complicated situation going to be made worse if the Cap and Trade passes!  Yes we do need a lame duck everybody in DC.  Two term limits will solve some of the issue.....off the soap box now.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

So the tree huggers are to blame, you mean because they were unable to get the rule passed that that Canada has? You have to drill a relief well the same time you drill for oil. After you guys bragging about your burnouts on Ardor Day I would think you would be taking up a collection to help BP with their expense's.

geraldchainsaw

rremember guys,   not everyone is a republican

JPotter57

Yeah, I'm not either.  I am a strict constitutionalist.  I believe if the constitution did not grant an authority to the government, it is not their authority to grant themselves.  Gov't is too big, too intrusive, and need to get out of my life.  By the way, the burnouts were on Earth day, I planted magnolia trees on arbor day.  I think I will go do another burnout now Lou, just for that remark,  :asthanos: :burnout:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57ragtop

James, agree with you wholeheartly. Too much big government.  John  bart