News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hot Rod Power Tour

Started by JPotter57, 2010-06-10 21:51

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

James...I just read in Hot Rod online about a fatal accident during the power tour. 69 Camaro hit head on..killed the driver and badly injured his son. They weren't saying too much about it other than it was a pretty brutal colision. Have you heard anything as too what caused the accident, or if another power tour driver was involved? I'm sorry I don't remember the gent's name but I can try to find it. I know they have different tours, but it sounded like the one you were on.
May he rest in peace...Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

It happened about 5 minutes behind us.  A lady in a Ford excape(mini explorer) was attempting to pass on a double yellow, saw Jamey in the Camaro, swerved back into her lane, clipped the car immediately in front of her.  That car, a Taurus, spun out, hit a Honda of some kind, that was following Jamey.  The idiot lady, over corrected when she clipped the Taurus, sending her headon into the Camaro.  He was killed instantly, his 15 yr old son stayed in ICU all week.  All because some stupid female was in a hurry, a young man lost his dad, a wife lost her husband, and countless other losses.  The lady driving had 3 passengers, 2 of them very young and everyone involved had to be cut out of the car.  It was pretty bad, that section of road was shut down for 4 hours. We found out about it at the next gas stop, about 45 minutes from where it happened.  I started that thread on the Power Tour website, they didnt even mention it in Mobile at the closing event.  Lotsa people upset over that one, but later found that they wanted to wait until family was notified to make any announcements. 
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

By the way, his name was Jamey Anderson.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.